Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Paper or Plastic?

60s paper dressAlthough I have a growing mini-collection of vintage treasures I've never actually bought any vintage pieces online. 80% of the fun is hunting through stacks of rags for that one gem among the bunch. Also, why should I pay more than $50 for what are essentially old castoffs? But looking at the descriptions and prices helps to inform me of the perceived value of said rags, and every once in awhile I'll come across a major pricing disparity. A prime example is this 1960's paper dress; all the rage during the Warhol era. Enokiworld, an online vintage authority, has one listed for $480, while k8tykat has the exact same dress in the same condition for $185, plus a site wide 20% off sale makes it $165. Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

1 comment:

That Girl Ang said...

Yes, I got a couple at an estate sale... Very cool!